Today is the big day. My 30th birthday is finally here and I plan to celebrate for the next four days. As most of you know I love lists, especially lists of goals and cool things I want to do. As a prelude to the partying, this week I decided to compile a list of 30 things I've never done before that I’d like to do while I’m 30. So I present to you 30 firsts before my 31st.
1. Go on a fabulous girls' trip (Essence Music Festival, anyone?)
2. Attend Fro Fashion Week in the fall.
3. Lead a Church of the Highlands small group.
4. Relaunch GeorgiaMae.com.
5. Host a natural hair meet up.
6. Host a vision board party (ladies, you're all invited!).
7. Go to a fun Halloween party. (I've been to plenty of Halloween parties as an adult, but none of them have been fun. Will someone help me change that please?)
8. Reach my happy weight.
9. Become a Feministing contributor.
10. Organize a family fun day at Spring Valley Beach.
11. Post a blog entry every day for a month.
12. Revamp my wardrobe.
13. Write a book.
14. Start a Georgia Mae newsletter.
15. Make my own hair product.
16. Get a tattoo.
17. Figure out my life mission, or as my hero Holly Wagner calls it, my God assignment.
18. Pretend to be a real adult and send Christmas letters.
19. Go the the Crawfish Boil.
20. Have a picnic at Railroad Park with the hubster.
21. Buy something cool from Naked Art Gallery.
22. Attempt the Six Items or Less Challenge.
23. Get published in Skirt.
24. Get published at Clutch.
25. Write for Hairpin.
26. Get published on Jezebel.
27. Read How Did You Get This Number.
28. Compose a video blog post.
29. Try Dance Trance.
30. Try PYT (That stands for Pole Yourself Thin, and yes, it's a pole dancing class.)