Deborah Siegel over at Girl w/ Pen is celebrating Women's History Month in part with what she hopes become a sort of viral blog quiz. She's asking bloggers to copy and paste her six questions and add one of their own and then post the quiz on their blogs. I decided to join the fun and if you have a blog I hope you play along too and spread the knowledge.
So, ladies and lads, here is the quiz. I'll post the answers tomorrow.
1. In 2009, women make up what percent of the U.S. Congress?
2. How many CEOs of Fortune 500 companies are female?
3. Who was the first First Lady to create her own media presence (i.e. hold regular press conferences, write a daily newspaper column and a monthly magazine column, and host a weekly radio show)?
A. Eleanor Roosevelt
B. Jacqueline Kennedy
C. Pat Nixon
D. Hillary Clinton
4. The Equal Rights Amendment was first introduced to Congress in:
5. Who was the first African-American woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
A. Phyllis Wheatley
B. Alice Walker
C. Toni Morrison
D. Maya Angelou
6. What percentage of union members are women today?
(And here's the question I added)
7. Who was the first woman to row solo across the Atlantic Ocean?
A. Jennifer Figge
B. Barbara Washburn
C. Tori Murden McClure
D. Julia Archibald Holmes