I got this grand idea -- I would make a list of my own for my 100th Georgia Mae post.
Then I realized that not only could I not think of 100 things that make me happy, but I'm sure you would probably stop reading around item #10. So, instead I give you a list of 10 things that make me happy.
To give myself a challenge, when making this list I set the rule that the items had to be little, seemingly insignificant things so I couldn't get off easy and just list my 10 favorite people in the world. So here we go...
1. Yellow cake cupcakes with vanilla frosting. What can I say? Sometimes I'm a plain Jane kind of girl.
2. The blue of a cloudless sky. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing this much these days.
3. The fact that this is on You Tube:
(I know I'm not 14, but I love me some Jesse McCartney.)
4. Oh, and this too.
(Don't front. You know you liked 'N Sync back in the day.)
5. A text message from my husband in the middle of the day that just says, "Hi."
6. Buying a new notebook.
7. Doing a pirouette in my socks in the middle of my kitchen.
8. Anne Taintor snarkiness.
9. The fact that LIFE magazine has digitized its photo archive, so I can look at great photos like this one:
The beautiful Dorothy Dandridge posing in costume for the motion picture "Tarzan's Peril."
10. Seeing that you left a new comment on Georgia Mae!
Now it's your turn. Tell me about the little things that make you smile.